3a. Bilateral Collaboration - Background Readings
In this phase of the Decarbonize: BlueYouth project, students will research key background information on climate change and water, create a dialogue and collaborate with students from a different country, and develop a broader awareness of climate change and water and how it impacts countries differently.
Click for Resources and Activities.
Each bilateral pairing has been assigned a UNFCCC theme and two graduate mentors.
- Students will read/listen to 2 mandatory general resources on climate change. We’ve also provided optional readings/videos for students that want do do extra research.
- Students will then read 2 resources that have been assigned to their bilateral pairing by the graduate mentors, see Resources and Activities.
- Students then find and share 2 resources on climate change (reading/documentary/etc.) with the whole Decarbonize project. Post these in the Bilateral Collaboration section of the Resources.
- While doing their readings, students should write a blog post reflecting on these questions:
- How does the assigned BlueYouth theme relate to your country?
- How does it relate to your country pairing?
- What is the current state of this BlueYouth theme?
- In what direction does this theme seem to be evolving in your country and how does this compare with how you would like it to evolve?
- What strategies to combat climate change and address these interrelated issues do you think are the best/worst for your country?
Continue to 3b. Bilateral Collaboration - Comparing Results »
- 'We expect catastrophe' – Manila, the megacity on the climate frontline IPCC predicts worsening conditions for Manila and other coastal cities due to climate...
- Climate change in the indian mind. Summary of Chapter 3: Climate change awareness and beliefs
- Drought is a global problem - we need a global solution A UN body to provide an early warning system for droughts could save many lives
- Ecological farming in Kenya- Water adaptation and innovative practice in agriculture This 15-min documentary is about new farming practices in Kenya which help farmers...
- International Climate Finance in the EU
- Reducing the impact of humanity's water footprint
- Solar Roadways This video discusses the idea of using solar panel roadways as a renewable source....
- The crisis - water
- The Donors' Dilemma
Latest 10 Submissions
Yarisbel Garcia UAlberta Blog post: 810.2 days ago
Salomon Yonli Blog post: 819.6 days ago
Brett Robbins Blog post: 820.1 days ago
Anaïs Amri Blog post: 821.2 days ago
Elena James Blog post: 821.9 days ago
Riley Smithers Blog post: 823.1 days ago
Robert Van Dyk | Pimlico High School Blog post: 823.1 days ago
Ramon UAlberta Blog post: 824.3 days ago
Jordan Rose PSHS Blog post: 826.1 days ago
Jatinder Kumar Saini Blog post: 827 days ago