Theme: Role of International Aid in Solving the Climate Crisis
1. In terms of our country (Canada), there are already measures in place to assist developing nations in combatting the Climate Crisis. Funds are being sent to facilitate the creation of clean power generation. Over 2.64 billion dollars are already being sent (on the part of the Canadian government). Moreover, the government of Canada is committed to supporting the most vulnerable of nations as they face the greatest threat created by the Climate Crisis.
2. This relates to our country pairing because Brazil is a less developed nation (relative to Canada). This theme discusses the capacity at which Canada should strive to assist other nations
3. In terms of current state, various developed nations are assisting less developed countries through financial aid. It should however be noted that developed nations themselves are still striving toward addressing the issue of climate change
4. This theme is slowly progressing towards an increase in national climate intervention (aid). We would hope that the government provides sufficient aid without creating a sense of dependency in the long run as this would have catastrophic effects on global economics. Moreover, we hope that developed nations don't forget the Climate issues in their own backyards prior to assisting others.
5. In Canada, an effective strategy would revolve around a greater education on the topics at hand because there are already institutions in place to provide effective analysis of the issues. In terms of ineffective measures, direct intervention may result in reliance or possibly political issues between countries.
Mohammed and Mudassar (Queen Elizabeth High School)